Friday, June 22, 2012

Some of My Favorite Things Today

1. Recently I've been craving pancakes but sometimes can find them a little too heavy. This  pancake  recipe is healthy, delicious, and made with Applesauce and Bananas. Yummmmmm...

2. This funny tumblr which sadly depicts my version of cooking versus my mom's fine cuisine. Miss you, mom.

3. This article from the New York Times which questions the blurry line that can arise between politics and art. This new immigration piece "Immigrant Movement International" in Corona, Queens gives legal advice, reading lessons, and practical assistance to their neighbors who include many women from Ecuador and Mexico. So, the time-old question returns: is it art?

4. Tina Fey's book, Bossypants. I picked it up in an airport bookstore and read it in about 2-3 hours. There were moments where I was crying I laughed so hard.
Just in case you're not completely sold and have forgotten just how funny Tina Fey is:


5. This great video link from Yoga Journal preparing you for sitting meditation. 

6. This adorable and happy video to start your weekend dancing and singing:


Have a great weekend :) 

1 comment:

  1. Loved this Friday blog! I was up in the Vineyard and missed reading it over the weekend!!! Muchos amores Papasits

    ReplyDelete