Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Buenas Amigas

 Today's blog is dedicated to my friends because I'm lucky to have some of the most amazing friends in the world and nothing can beat good friends.

This morning I woke up to one of the sweetest facebook messages from one of my best friends over in England. She wrote simply to tell me how much she loved me and how happy she was that we were still best friends (since we became best friends during playtime in Kindergarten age 5). She also made sure that I understood that message was neither spam nor drunken.  I didn't get the message until 11 a.m. because the rain in Maine prevails, which for those of you who read my blog yesterday know that means that I stayed lazily in my bed until a rather late hour.
I send this friend a huge hug and all of my love from across the pond.


To my best friend in Philly who I don't get to see enough, and who used to tell people my birthday for me in Kindergarten because I couldn't quite remember it myself.




To a group of amazing girlfriends who I met in Ohio at Kenyon College: "the brothel" a name created upon the discovery that more than six girls living in a house together in Ohio was considered a brothel. It's now been exactly a year since we all graduated and we've dispersed into various areas inside and outside of the USA. The distance makes it difficult because I miss the day-to-day interactions like creating Friday night fortnights, reviewing details of the previous night over omelets the next morning, and impromptu dance parties (that often resulted in new choreographies). Even through the distance, I feel closer to these girls than most people in the world. LYLAS. 


To my girlfriend who has been mistaken for my sister because of how we often telepathically communicate but also because of how we truly get each other. It’s finally June 5th




To the tripod who will never stop climbing fences: 



To my rugged baby boo who I love more every day: 



To my putain française and sister: tu es vraiment ma famille et je t'adore. Je sais qu'on va être ensemble pour toutes notres vies folles.  


To my sister, best friend, and person who truly knows me best on the earth AND to my new brother-in-law. I couldn't be happier for you two nor more honored to be a witness at our cozy ceremony. I love you and miss you both dearly.


Finally to my mom and dad aka the crazy people who made the elegant klutz: these two must be included as not only family but also friends because even if they weren't related to me, they would be two of my best friends and biggest supporters. 
Found this and thought of you two because it could come from my mom or dad:




My friend's morning message reminded me how nice it is to be reminded and to remind your friends how you feel about them. Make sure you take the time to let the people you love know how much you love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment