Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some of My Favorite Things Today

In the list below, you will find a personal advertisements for my dad because it belongs on the list of my favorite things to send you off for the weekend:

1. For some reason this tumblr made me think of my mom: 
2. This video never ceases to make me laugh. I re-watched it last night and have decided it is a personal goal that I will learn all the lyrics. It's the little things in life. 

3. Although the little kid inside of us squirms at the word, this recipe for Sauteed Brussel Sprouts looks delicious and nutritious. Add garlic and parmesan for flavor and you can't go wrong.  
4. This yoga tumblr which I believe has a good message about the healing aspects of yoga. Please take note, JB and Jasper. 
5. A beautiful translation from Spanish to English, the book The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. This book has romance, adventure, and is set in Barcelona in the 1945. The pages fly by like shadows of the wind underneath your fingertips. 
6. My beloved and deeply annoying dad, JB Harrison, is playing guitar and singing at Cap'N Nemos on Friday, July 27th starting at 8 p.m. Come enjoy Nemos drinks and delicious food (including the all time favorite juicy lucy burger) and JB and friends musical entertainment :) 
7. Continuing with advertisements I will be hosting a Mala Meditation Workshop on July 30th from 5-6:30 p.m. at Bella Spa in Northeast Harbor, Maine. The workshop includes a set of your own mala beads, a history & deeper understanding of mala beads, and a meditative practice using the beads. Any and all are welcome :) 
8. Fun Zumba! sneakers which are perfect for allowing maximum dance movement during your Zumba classes. I love the design of these ones but they also come in yellow or pink and have a variety of other styles. Check it out at Zumba's website. 
9. This New York Times article called "The Couch Potato Goes Global" discusses the dibilitating disease of being too sedentary. Not surprisingly, statistics show that the largest offenders of this disease are in North America and Europe. You may be surprised to find which country is the least active...to read the full article click here
10. Finally, a song to jump start your weekend. This classic Take Me Home Tonight by Eddie Money always makes me think of my freshman year at Kenyon college. For some reason it was one of the most popular songs to play at parties. It still has a warm place in my heart, plus the video is hysterical:

Have a great weekend :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment