Friday, July 6, 2012

Some of My Favorite Things Today

I realize it has been quite some time since my last post. I'm so sorry to all my blog readers and must attempt to defend myself: internet problems and teaching summer schedule.

Now on to the important stuff: the weekend!!! What are you up to for the weekend? I'm very excited because my sister and brother-in-law are coming to Maine to stay with us this weekend. My family and I are also in crazy prep mode for my mom's exciting acting benefit to support National New Play Network (NNPN). This benefit will be exciting but the prep will also make my family go from this image:
To this image:
Minus the whole us turning into cartoons. 

I'm also missing an amazing gathering in NYC with some of my best friends who I miss and love. Have so much fun, bunnies! I'm thinking of you.  

So here is the hit list of favorite things to kick off your weekend:

1. One of the best scenes from a movie found in Finding Nemo 

I've been practicing and upon watching this scene more times than I wish to admit, I believe that I too can speak whale. 

2. This hysterical website called Fuck Yeah Yoga which shows some awesome yogis in various gorgeous poses. Very inspiring and amazing name for a website. 

3. This quote about modern dance by contemporary modern choreographer and dancer, Twyla Tharp: 
"Modern dance is not less. Modern is more, modern is everything that has been PLUS." 

4. This scene from the movie Bridesmaids about boot camp. I teach boot camp twice a week and cannot help but laugh thinking about this scene:


5. This arm & core strengthening pose, titibasana, has recently been one of my favorite arm balances that I look forward to in class. Here my teacher, Shiva Rea, demonstrates a very strong version of the pose:

6. This book called The Complete Illustrated Guide to Ayurveda. It is a great guide for anyone interested in the science/philosophy of ayurveda:

7. This beautiful pullover made by Beyond Yoga. I loved the way it hangs down in the front. It's the perfect après yoga sweater. 

8. For all those interested in dance history: this article on American Ballet Theater (ABT) in New York City and how there shows are continuing to grow. 

9. This yummy vegan recipe for a Hot Mexican Dip. It's not only delicious but also good for you. Yummmmmm....

10. And finally this song by Adele. This song has been stuck in my head for days but I'm not complaining. Instead I find myself constantly bopping and dancing to the beat in my head (which for those of you who know me know that is not out of the ordinary). 


Have a great weekend :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment